NOTICE OF EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Fire Administrative Assistant
NOTICE OF EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Position: Administrative Assistant
Salary: $15.35 - $19.18 DOE
Type of Position: Part-Time, Monday – Friday, hours and days to be determine by Fire Chief.
Closing Date: When filled
Application, resume, and cover letter should be directed to:
P O Box 886
48 West Young Street
Morgan, UT 84050
Applications can be accessed at www.morgan-county.net and clicking on "Employment”.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
Under direction of the County EMS Director and Fire Chief, provides responsible, confidential, and complex secretarial and administrative support to the Fire Chief and other command staff. The Fire Administrative Assistant also handles differing situations, problems and deviations according to department priorities, duties, policies and program goals.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Provides secretarial and administrative support to the Fire Chief and management staff.
2. Composes and edits a variety of correspondence, reports, memoranda, and other department projects requiring judgment as to content, accuracy, and completeness.
3. Facilitates projects, programs, conferences, meetings, research, and records meetings and prepares minutes, media and budget reports and other reports as necessary.
4. Manages and maintains a variety of calendars and schedules.
5. Interprets department regulations, policies, and procedures; makes decisions using independent judgment and requiring specialized knowledge of department practices, programs, and operations; analyzes situations and makes appropriate decisions.
6. Collects and compiles material for review and analysis, provides recommendations for changes, and coordinates consultation, information exchange, and necessary approvals.
7. Initiates, maintains, and updates a variety of files and records including financial, budget, personnel, and resource materials both operational and administrative.
8. Prepares payroll to include gathering and logging time sheets, determining applicable FLSA and other special payroll applications, and maintaining accurate payroll related records.
9. Assists with ensuring that all of the organization's patient information privacy policies and procedures are followed according to HIPAA laws and facilitates GRAMA requests within these guidelines.
10. Assists in the preparation and monitoring of assigned budget accounts.
11. Orders, receives, inventories, stores, and distributes supplies, uniforms, reports, forms and related items.
12. Prepares purchase orders and tracks all department purchasing.
13. Contacts vendors and suppliers as needed.
14. Serves as primary information source regarding department policies, procedures, objectives and operational functions.
15. Answers questions and provides information where judgment, knowledge and interpretations are utilized, especially in the proper handling of confidential information or files.
16. Refers citizens to appropriate source as necessary.
17. Assists with federal grants as needed.
18. All other duties as assigned by the Fire Chief.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATIONS:
· Graduation from high school or GED equivalent.
· More than 1-year experience as an administrative or executive assistant, or any equivalent combination of related education and experience is preferred.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of administrative procedures and knowledge of telephone etiquette.
2. Skill in word processing, spreadsheets, presentations and desktop publishing software and office equipment.
3. Skill in the use of the English language, grammar, spelling, punctuation, vocabulary, and arithmetic.
4. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; ability to use independent judgment; ability to type a minimum of 40 words per minute.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met or will be encountered by an employee while successfully performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. However, the office area is contained within a fire station and at times the area is subject to dispatch traffic including emergency alert tones, diesel engine noise, sirens, air horns, and other automotive equipment. Most of these noises do not interfere with the work environment and cause little disruption, if any. In addition, firefighters and EMTs also occupy the facility and perform a number of functions in and around the work area.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of the specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description is subject to change by the County as the needs of the County and requirements of the job change.
Possible Job Modifications: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
MORGAN COUNTY IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER