Temporary/Permanent Power Inspections:
In order to schedule any power inspection, please have your Morgan County permit number and your Rocky Mountain Power work order number available at the time of scheduling. Any temporary or permanent power inspection scheduled after 3:00 pm, will be processed (if approved) and a clearance sent to Rocky Mountain Power, the following Morgan County business day (please remember that our office is closed on Fridays.) We understand the time sensitivity in working with this utility and strive to accommodate your project.
Energy Code Compliance:
One- and two-family dwellings and townhouses are required to comply with Chapter 11 of the International Residential Code as amended by the State of Utah. The state amendment allows the use of the Utah Energy Conservation Code REScheck software, to show compliance.
As of 1 January, 2019 the state amendment requires the REScheck to show compliance plus 4 percent.
The Utah Energy Conservation Code REScheck software is available at: https://www.energycodes.gov/rescheck
All other buildings must comply with the requirements of the International Energy Conservation Code.
How to handle a Stop Work Order:
When work authorized by a building permit is found to be unsafe, or in violation of the building code or county ordinance, it will be addressed as follows:
1. The permit applicant will be notified of violation or unsafe condition in writing via a post on the permit status system. (Basecamp.com; to receive an invitation to Basecamp for a project please contact our office at 801-845-4015 option 1)
2. If the violation or unsafe condition is not corrected within a reasonable time, a stop work order will be issued.
3. The notificaton of the stop work order will be posted on Basecamp.com and a hard copy of the order and descriptions of the violation or unsafe condition will be posted on the project site. All work must cease except work required to correct the violation or unsafe condtion.
4. When the violation or unsafe condition has been corrected, the building inspector will investigate and inspect to verify such as been corrected. The cost of the investigation inspection is $70.00. This fee must be paid before the investiation inspection can be scheduled. (Call the Treasurer's office at 801-845-4030 to make this payment or bring it in to the courthouse.)
5. When the investigation is complete and the Building Inspector has verified that the violation or unsafe condition has been corrected, the stop work order will be removed.
6. When the stop work order is removed, all work authorized by the building permit may proceed.
Things to Remember When Building in Morgan County
***DO NOT BLOCK ROADWAYS OR COUNTY RIGHT OF WAYS WITH DUMPSTERS, TRUCKS, EQUIPMENT OR MATERIALS. IT IS UNLAWFUL TO BLOCK COUNTY THOUROUGH FARES, RIGHT OF WAYS OR SIDEWALKS, VIOLATORS WILL BE PROCECUTED ACCORDING TO THE LAW.
***A PORT-A-JOHN MUST BE ONSITE AT THE TIME OF FOOTING INSPECTION AND REMAIN ONSITE UNTIL FINAL INSPECTION***
PLEASE CALL 801-845-4015 TO SCHEDULE ALL INSPECTIONS.