Department: Community Services
Position: Food Pantry Worker
Salary: $900 per month, DOE – (No-Benefits)
Type of Position: 10 – 15 hours per week, part-Time
Closing Date: 6:00 PM, May 31st, 2013
Applications and resumes should be directed to:
Morgan County HR Department
P.O. Box 886
48 W Young Street
Morgan, UT 84050
Or email: Jobs@hrserviceinc.com
Applications can also be accessed at www.morgan-county.net and clicking on "Personnel”.
Responsible to help stock and organize the food pantry and packaging of food orders for crisis clients.
Works under the general guidance and direction of the County Council.
Example of Duties:
§ Stock pantry shelves
§ Process and package food orders
§ Hand out completed orders to clients when they come to the pantry
§ Manage food drives and donations in coordination with development.
§ Help manage the publicity and marketing of the pantry and pantry needs in coordination with the Development & Communications Director.
§ Update Goodman Community Center Food Pantry Facebook page- following GCC social media policies.
- Welcome clients and donors upon arrival.
- Assist in carrying donations into building.
- Organize and sort donations; keep donation areas clean and clear.
- Prepare food bags for distribution to clients.
- Monitor public areas for cleanliness and order; assist where necessary.
- Work with staff and clients as necessary to maintain a safe environment for all.
§ Complete required reporting for funders.
§ Work with the Kitchen Manager to coordinate kitchen use and support for the pantry customer meals.
§ Maintain confidential files of pantry customers.
§ Work with the Food Processing and Procurement Manger to coordinate annual Thanksgiving Basket project.
§ Managing the sign up process for thanksgiving baskets to be distributed
§ Manage food drives throughout the community
§ Work with businesses and whole sale distributors to order turkeys
§ Work with the Volunteer Coordinator to develop schedule, train and support volunteers
§ Work with the Development and Communications team to publicize that Thanksgiving Basket Process
§ Manage distribution of baskets, volunteer support and clean up
§ Work with development to make sure thank you and recognition is complete
§ Oversee the operations of the Food Pantry and to work with the broad community to ensure the pantry shelves are well stocked at all times.
§ Train and support pantry volunteers.
§ Increase the healthy options in the food pantry by working with our local businesses and community to create creative, sustainable systems.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
§ Ability to work independently and part of a team
§ Ability to mentor and support volunteers and teen learners
§ Supervisory experience and the ability to manage a team of volunteers
§ Ability to be a positive spokesperson for the center and the pantry program
§ Consistently demonstrate ability to respond to changing situations in a flexible manner in order to meet current needs, such as reprioritizing work as necessary
§ Strong computer skills, database experience preferred
§ Detail oriented
§ Experience in nonprofit setting or food industry
- Education and Experience:
- Two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in the food bank or community services field;
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Required knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
§ Ability to move around pantry
§ Ability to place items on shelves
§ Ability to follow directions
§ Ability to complete food orders
§ Positive attitude
§ Valid driver’s license
§ Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Special Qualifications:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Work Environment:
- Tasks require a variety of physical activities, generally involving muscular strain, such as walking, standing, stooping, sitting, reaching, and lifting. Aspects of the work require talking, hearing and seeing. Common eye, hand, finger, leg and feet dexterity exist. Mental application utilizes memory for details, verbal instructions, emotional stability, discriminating thinking and creative problem solving.
MORGAN COUNTY IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER